Saturday, August 27, 2016

Just Pondering...

This journey called life is exactly that....a life long trek through the dredges that is our existence.  Not a sprint...not a jog...not even a swift power walk...just simply one foot in front of the other day after day.  During the times when things are seemingly easy we sail along mindlessly from moment to moment.  When a challenge arises...the rubber really meets the road so to speak.

Sometimes I get weary in the struggles.  I lose my focus and begin to become lethargic in my faith.  Not a moment goes by that I doubt that God exists but many come around that I legitimately question Him.  Again...not His love,  not His trustworthiness, not even His best for me.  But rather my love for Him, my trustworthiness and my lack of obedience.  He is truly the only strength that I need when I falter.  Why is it so difficult for me to rest there?

The more we depend on Him the less we depend on ourselves.  I tell myself that over and over in a days time.  Yet I selfishly go on about my desire to "fix" things on my own.  My ways must be better than anyone else could possible know.  After all, I know my heart.  I know my needs.  I know what is best for me in the moment.  Lies from Satan.  Untruths that do not coincide with what Scripture tells me to be so.  That is why Matthew 6:24 tells me "No one can serve two masters.  Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve both God and Money."  The choice is mine.  To believe that He alone can be my Master or to let the world dictate my path.

I alone must choose to lay down my rights every single day and pick up my cross and follow the One and Only Savior of my life.  He is Almighty God!  He is the Master of the seas.  He is the Omnipotent One who loves and cares for me.  Simply stated....He is love.  When I look at those words and just rest there....I am once again whole.  Once again at peace.  Once again at one with my Creator and the true author and finisher of my faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment