Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rough Week

This past week has taught me to be more diligent in my prayer life.  I know God is always listening, but a lot of the time I fail to ask Him for seemingly small things.  However, this week has been an especially trying one for me.  Clearly I am not a good sick person.  I do not function well "under the weather".  I am such a whiner and complainer when it comes to not feeling well and I really even hate to admit that.  All that to say that I had a real eye opening experience this past week while spending my nights and days on the couch. (because when I laid down I coughed non stop and pulled a muscle in my side)

On Saturday night, after the festivities for Colton's big 1st birthday, I started to feel a little yucky. (medical term, I know)  My left side of my throat was on fire and I just had a dry and hacking couch.  I did have a few chills but nothing too dramatic.  By Sunday evening I was full on feverish and probably contagious.  For the next 5 days I did literally nothing but sleep for 2-3 hours a night and lay on the couch.  Early Monday morning I was convinced that I would be going to the doctor for my sore throat but as I finally fell asleep around 3:15 I decided that maybe I should just turn it over the the Lord and let Him show me what to do.  Brilliant, I know.  In the big scheme of things this is seemingly small potatoes, but when I woke up at 5:00 a.m. my sore throat was completely healed.  I mean truly no sign of it.  Did everything else clear up as well? No.  Did I sleep through the night for the next 4 nights? No.  But my sore throat was gone.  

My week has been full of sleepless nights and exhausted days, but in this I can be sure...I serve a living God who cares about all of my needs.  It all comes down to this..."The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him."  Psalms 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment