Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Even though 5:00 a.m. would not be my rising time of preference, I do feel like I have been extremely productive today.  Don't ask me what I have done because I have ridiculous blank spots in my memory right now.  I think I will probably remember some of it later in the week,  just not today.

I have to say that the sound of little children laughing, playing or just chatting with each other has to be one of the most rewarding moments of anyone's day.  Then there is that first few minutes when one of them wakes up after a (hopefully) long night's sleep or an equally long afternoon nap.  Nothing like it.  Those cuddly few minutes that can't be replaced by ANYTHING!

Blessed beyond belief to experience these again with my grandchildren is really amazing.  Remember when you were rushing through your days and nights with your own children?  There was no time to stop and enjoy all of the little happenings that occurred EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Those are the ones I am talking about.  Those are the ones I am relishing.  Those are the ones I am choosing to enjoy.  Those are the ones I don't want to miss.  Probably because I missed some of my own children's special moments making sure that my day wasn't interrupted by chaos.  Chaos that I seem to be enjoying continually these days.

I guess it all does come down to this.....with age comes wisdom:)

1 comment:

  1. i WILL try to enjoy those moments of chaos! thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete