Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thirty four years ago today I became a mom.  The thing I wanted most in life and God granted my petition.  He gave me Emily.  I really can't begin to describe all that she is in my life.  She is laughter.  She is joy.  She is love.  She is happiness.  She is stubborn.  She is determination.  She is immense talent.  She is an amazing mother, wife and friend.  My list, although only partial, gives you a little hint of how blessed my life is because Emily is a part of it.

I am so thankful that my heavenly Father also calls her His.  She belongs to Him and this is the best attribute of all.  There are so many things in life that we can label ourselves.  Thankfully mine include mom, "ya-ya", wife, daughter, and friend.  Where one ends and another one begins is sometimes just a blur.  For that I am eternally grateful.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all our ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight".

Happy Birthday Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment